Skip to content Skip to footer
our history

We Live to Glorify God in All We Do

The history of St. Rose de Lima Church and school are interrelated and it goes back over one hundred years. In 1868, the first school in Bay St. Louis for African Americans opened with twenty-four black children in attendance! It was a two-story white building, originally located on Second Street. On August 28, 1925, the school became St. Rose de Lima Church.

St. Rose de Lima is still an extremely active church and parish. Home to one of the best Southern Gospel Choirs in the country, its altar features an extraordinary mural of an African Christ figure rising before a live oak tree.

Basic Doctrines

Our Mission

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
  • Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco.
  • Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
  • Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.